Prizes and Awards
- From the selected 26, the TOP 12 with the most votes will appear as a featured horse of the month in the 2016 DEFHR calendar. The winners will also receive a free copy of the calendar.
- The horse with the most votes will appear on the cover of the 2016 DEFHR calendar. The winner will also receive:
- a free copy of the 2016 DEFHR calendar.
- a gallery wrap canvas of their winning “at liberty”/candid photograph.
How to Enter
- Review the contest rules: Calendar Contest Eligibility Photo Criteria.
- Complete the entry form: Calendar Contest Entry Form.
- Each entry requires a minimum $10 dollar donation to DEFHR. Donations can be made in three ways:
- Electronically at defhr.org.
- By phone: 301-854-5037.
- By check, made payable to DEFHR and mailed to PO Box 309, Lisbon, MD 21765.
How to Vote
Once the top 26 horses have been selected from all entries, each horse will be added to our calendar contest page. You will be able to share the link with friends, family, co-workers and anyone else who may want to support the rescue horse cause. These votes will determine the 12 finalists and the 2016 cover horse.
- Voting begins October 1, 2015.
- Voting ends October 31, 2015.
- Each vote will cost $1.00.
- Essentially a dollar per vote…meaning $20.00 equals 20 votes. So feel free to vote as many times as you want!
- Votes may be paid for:
- Electronically: The voting system will have links to each horse that will allow payment via debit/credit card or PayPal.
- By check, with the horse's name in the memo field, made payable to DEFHR and mailed to PO Box 309, Lisbon, MD 21765.
- Calendars go on sale December 1, 2015.
PROCEEDS GO TO DEFHR RESCUE HORSES
Horses that come into the rescue program not only here at DEFHR but in rescues across the U.S. often come in poor or critical condition and need costly medical and daily care. All of the proceeds from the Calendar Contest will go toward DEFHR horses in need of this costly life-saving care.