Days End Farm Horse Rescue, Inc., is a 501 (c)3, nonprofit, volunteer-based animal welfare organization established in 1989 to ensure quality care and treatment of horses through intervention, education and outreach. Days End Farm Horse Rescue (DEFHR) has horses of all ages, breeds, and experience levels available for adoption to forever homes in Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia (eastern counties) Delaware, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey.
About Days End Farm Horse Rescue
1372 Woodbine Road
Woodbine, MD 21797
DEFHR horses are shown by appointment only. Before scheduling an appointment, please complete a Horse Interest Form. Upon receiving your submission, a DEFHR staff member will contact you to schedule an appointment.
- Complete DEFHR's online Horse Interest Form (or click here to download a form and submit by mail)
- Upon receiving your interest form, DEFHR staff will contact you to schedule an appointment to visit DEFHR. Expect two or more visits to determine compatibility of horse and handler.
- Complete an adoption application (which will be provided during your last appointment) and submit it along with the application fee.
- DEFHR will review the aplication, contact references and schedule an appointment to inspect the property where the horse will be kept.
- Upon acceptance of the application, the adoption agreement will need to be completed along with the payment of the non-refundable adoption fee.
- Make arrangments for transporting the horse to its new home. DEFHr can transport the horse to the desgnated facility for a nominal fee.
- After two years of foll-up inspections, you may apply for title to the horse.*
*Note: DEFHR will retain ownership of horses adopted through the S.O.S program.
Horses in this section are currently undergoing rehabilitative care and are not yet available for adoption.
Horses in this section have completed their rehabilitation and are currently undergoing evaluation and/or training with our professional staff. Once ready, they will be made available for adoption.
DEFHR Equine Ambassadors
As a partner in The Right Horse Initiative, we’re proud to support a national movement reframing the conversation about equine adoption. The Right Horse Initiative is a collective of industry professionals and equine welfare advocates working together to improve the lives of horses in transition through a dialogue of kindness and respect.
Days End Farm Horse Rescue is working with The Right Horse Initiative to promote the bond between horses and humans. We are good people for good horses, and everyone who loves horses has ownership in this movement. To learn more about The Right Horse Initiative, visit therighthorse.org or click here to find out how you can help.